Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Super-athletes

Mike and I have decided that we want to run a marathon. We started our 30 some weeks of training a few weeks ago. This all in anticipation for the Eugene Marathon in May 2010. Then the inevitable...

First, Mike sprained his ankle. This was his first ankle injury and was surprised at the swelling, bruising, pain, and time of recovery. He is doing better now and is back to going on short runs with me.

Then, I sprained my foot. I had never heard of a foot sprain before, but I now know that it heals faster than an ankle sprain. Still pretty painful, but I am back to running as well.

Then, yesterday, I slammed my car door into my teeth. That's right, my teeth. Not my face or lips or head. My teeth. I now have a nice chip in my front tooth. I will go to the dentist Monday to get it looked at.

Anyhow, at the end of the day, we are training for a marathon and are having fun with it. Mind you, we are only at 1.75 miles right now, but we are excited for the challenge ahead. We will keep you up-to-date on our progress (and our injuries) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment