Thursday, October 15, 2009

'Run in the Footsteps of Legends'


Running has been going well. I thought I would post the latest running-related news in one post:

- The 2010 Eugene Marathon will be finishing on Hayward track at the University of Oregon. So, while I did previously post the picture of Prefontaine as a joke, I guess its not as big of a joke anymore... yikes. Hopefully I will be able to strike a similar pose for my finishing picture.

- We ran 2.75 miles the other day. It felt great and I can feel that I am getting faster. Towards the end of the run I realized that, in May, we will be running nearly 10 times that distance. Again, yikes.

- We are going to run the 'Run Like Hell' 5k next Sunday in downtown Portland. Registration comes with 2 free beers and hot wings. mmm - run three miles and then drink beer and eat hot wings. Then puke.

- I got new shoes. What a difference that makes! They are the same shoe I had before, jut not totally broken down.

- Last Sunday we went downtown and stood at the 24 mile marker of the Portland marathon for about an half an hour. This is considered the "unknown" for many runners as training for a marathon may only lead you up to running around 20 miles. It was super inspiring to watch these people go. We were watching the 4:15 pace group go by and I was scoping out what I might look like at 24 miles. I can't imagine that I will look as strong as those people did. That seems so far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment