Sunday, October 25, 2009

Run Like Hell

We just got back from our run. I was a chilly day in downtown Portland, but no rain and the run along the river was beautiful. The last half mile was all uphill and you couldn't see the finish until you turned the last corner, so it was hard to motivate up that. Once I turned the corner the finish was about 20 yards away. I sprinted the heck out of that (downhill) 20 yards. In fact, I sprinted past a guy who was finishing the half marathon. HA.

Unfortunately, we don't know our time. The clock at the finish was for the half/10k, so we have no idea what our time was. We should know in the next couple of days.

There were some great costumes. We did partake in the hot wings and beer after wards which was entertaining. There are electrolytes in Red Hook IPA, right?

I'll post our time as soon as I know it.

Also, FYI, we finished in front of super woman and wonder woman. Mostly because wonder woman had to stop on the homestretch to fix her boots as they were falling down. Occupational hazard, I guess.

1 comment: