Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Count your blessings

Multiple things have come up today that have reminded me to be grateful. I try to use that outlook on life in general, but especially today it seems to be important. Nothing bad has happened to me or anything, it just has hit me multiple times today that I shouldn't be taking things for granted.

The example that sparked this post was the Eugene Marathon website. I am getting really excited about it. Then I started looking at the Portland Shamrock Run website. I want to do that race but it is only a 15k and we are supposed to run 16 miles that day based on our training schedule. I started fretting over how we could work it out. Then I started looking at the course map for Eugene and thinking about each mile and how I want to run it and it would really suck if I couldn't...

And then I remembered that I get to run 4 miles today. I get to go home, see my puppy, welcome Mike home, and then we get to go for a run. 4 miles. I can get up and run 4 miles today. That's awesome. I am really thankful for that.

Today my prayers are with a family back in Fairbanks that is going through a big loss. I think about them and I reflect on my day and count my blessings.

I think about Luke and Jen's little girl Leah and am so thankful that she is healthy and happy.

I remember that today is my Father-in-law's birthday and that, without this day, I would never have by husband - or my great father-in-law :)

I am thankful for my family and that I get to chat with my mom nearly every day and help my dad through computer problems :)

My day will continue with counting... that will be a good mental task for my run.

Take a second today, be thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Love this energy and this post. I am counting my blessings with you;) Love, K

    ReplyDelete